Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Work Life Baby Balance....?



Source: Vogue

Did I really think that motherhood would look like this? Probably not. Even SJP probably doesn't REALLY look this good every day....

At the moment, it is not uncommon for me to get to the end of my day and have crossed NOT A THING off my to-do list.  For a list obsessed lover of all things ordered and organised, this has become a frustrating phenomenon. In fact, I am starting to think that they may have removed part of my brain in the delivery suite last September. On a recent walk with two good friends, I returned to my car to discover I had left both front doors wide open....whoops! Furthermore, last week, after Miss E's music class, I grabbed a quick coffee, jumped back into the car and drove off, unfortunately having left my phone on the roof of the car.....double whoops!!! (Luckily it was found in a gutter near a bus stop and returned to me be a very kind, honest lady).  What on earth is going on with me?!

I know that there ARE many women who manage to look after their children, shower them with love and affection AND work full time.  In an office.  Hats off to them. What are their secrets and what can I learn from them?

Over at much loved A Cup of Jo, I loved reading Jo's recent, beautifully compiled Work/baby/life Balance Series.  Each of the mothers have full time jobs, some more than one bubba AND other commitments including blogs and websites outside of their primary profession - wow.  I found all of these women inspirational but loved the interview with Yolanda Edwards from Martha Stewart Living in particular.  Yolanda and her daughter Clara are gorgeous and super busy but seem to remain relatively grounded and focused on the important things.

Source: A Cup of Jo

Have a read of these stories and let me know what you think. I am inspired to perhaps interview some amazing ladies I know for an Aussie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment