Thursday, June 30, 2011

What I'm Reading

It's hard to decide whether or not I prefer reading or choosing what to read next! Here are a few of the current novels on my radar.



I've just read....Under The Influence by Jacqueline Lunn, a book club choice that I thoroughly enjoyed. We had the pleasure of meeting Jacqueline over the weekend to discuss the book. I must say she is so lovely and it was inspiring to hear from her about the writing and editorial processes as well as her upbringing and life as a mother of three, both which inspired this story about girls growing up and how what happens in high school can set a pattern for the rest of your adult life.  Especially perfect for anyone who went to an all girls school!


What I'm reading at the moment........is true story The White Masai by Corrine Hoffman who falls in love with Kenyan warrior Lketinga while on holidays with her boyfriend and subsequently changes her entire life in order to follow her heart and be with the man she loves, moving from her comfortable life in Switzerland to Africa to live in a hut, eat goat and drink chai and spend her days with the rest of the tribe. It's an amazing story that has since been translated into film. Amazing.  


             

What I'm reading next......well, I'm torn to be honest. I will probably start with One Day by David Nicholls which is by no means a new release but supposed to be fantastic. I am keen to read it before the movie starring Anne Hathaway is released in Oz.  After that (or maybe concurrently) I'll get stuck into The House in France by Gully Wells, whose memoir of her fabulous upbringing in London during the 60s sounds just wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment