Saturday, September 1, 2012

Happy Fathers Day

President JFK with Caroline (4 years) and JFK Jnr (2 years) in the Oval Office, October 1962

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it". 

This simple and lovely quote (Clarence Budington Kelland) sums up being a good father in the opinion of this mother.  I've watched my husband share his first Father's Day with our little girl (we missed out last year by a week!) and it has been a very simple day filled with love and family.  Thoughtful gifts, cups of tea in bed, heading out to watch our nephew (E's cousin) play in his rugby grand final, laughter and spills at lunch time and a quiet afternoon sleep for all of us. All Sundays should be this relaxing. 

Miss E and I had this coffee mug and plate made for her Daddy (stamped with her footprints, her age and the date) at Kissing Fish Ceramics. It was a very popular gift!!


Wishing all Fathers everywhere a very special day. X

No comments:

Post a Comment